February 1

Hello, February!

It was another good day. As I type this, I have babies sleeping in their rooms, a chocolate pie baking in the oven, and a wonderful husbando washing the dishes. Can you hear my contented sigh?

Speaking of contented, Daisy woke up from her morning nap today so smiley and happy that I had to run and grab my camera. This is what she looks like after waking up from a good nap:
"Hi, Mama!"
(Side note: I swear she now says "hi" and waves. Her "hi" is more of a "ha", but still. She does it. I promise.)

Love, love, LOVE this picture. She is so sweet!

Later, we enjoyed some February sunshine in the front yard. Caleb and I drew with chalk and met the neighbors, while Daisy sat on her blanket and laughed and bounced and smiled.

I'm sure the neighbors have already realized that we are some strange folk.

"What do you mean, "we"? I'm not strange!"
(See those white spots on her gum? Teeth are coming! They're not quite imminent yet, but there's enough development in that area that I've stopped being concerned that she will be toothless until she's twenty-five. Kidding. I only had that fear with Caleb. Once he finally got teeth at eleven months, I realized that all babies will eventually get teeth. With Daisy, I just kind of figured from the start that she'd be a late teether like her brother.)

After dinner and bathtime, Chris and I split bedtime duties like we do every night. I nursed Daisy and put her to bed while Chris read Caleb eight million books. And like every night, once Daisy was asleep I peeked into Caleb's room to say goodnight. Only tonight, I peeked in, laughed, and grabbed my camera.

Caleb is wearing his Rescue Pack. You know, the orange backpack that Diego wears on Go, Diego, Go!
We got a Diego book at the library yesterday, so Caleb is in the Diego mindset. He insisted that he wear his Rescue Pack while they read about Diego. Too funny.

You may also notice that Caleb and Chris are reading a book about Cars 2. My mom got it for Caleb for Christmas. I don't think it has a title, so Caleb calls it "Lightning McQueen and Mater Take a Wild Ride". It's now a staple in our bedtime/naptime reading regimen, along with Little Bible Stories and Big Bible Stories.Also, he is holding a car in each hand. Every night he's allowed to tuck two of his toy cars inside his pillow. His current favorites are DJ and Wingo, two of the souped-up street racers from Cars.

Are you loving all those links? Just thought I'd immortalize all of Caleb's current fixations.

And now for some pie...

No comments:

Post a Comment