February 28

I know. You worry about me when I haven't posted by 10:30 pm. And to post a full twenty-four hours late is just cruel. But I have a reason, really. I was at book club pretty late last night, then got home and Daisy needed me rightthissecond and then we had the house re-appraised today (long story; the outcome of the appraisal doesn't affect us at all) so I spent the day cleaning and organizing and trying to make it look like we aren't living in a hovel (though sometimes it feels like we are...).

So. A post that is twenty-four hours late. Sorry.

How about some cute pictures of the kids to make up for it?

Tooth #2 did not make its appearance today, despite Daisy's best efforts. Maybe tomorrow.

I just want to squish her sweet little face!

She is in love with her "Who Loves Daisy?" book! It's the only non-touch-and-feel book she likes.

I love her face and the face she's making on the cover of the book. Too funny.
(Also, she's wearing a dress with BabyLegs. I generally don't prefer this because there's always a patch of exposed skin between the diaper and the top of the BabyLeg, but we had to do it because she had no clean pants to wear. She only has six or seven pairs, and this scooting thing gets them dirty so quickly. Plus, she's kind of a messy eater, so she can go through three pairs a day easily. So no pants today, and she got her one pair of sturdy tights dirty, too. She can't wear thin tights because she'll just scoot a hole in them. What's a mama to do?)

See glimmer in her eye? It's because she's about to scoot toward me at lightning speed and make a move on my camera. Don't worry - my cat-like mama reflexes still beat her baby reflexes, and she didn't get her grubby little hands on my camera. But she's determined, and I have no doubt that she will soon get the camera.

Later, we enjoyed the beautiful weather and went on a walk to the lake.

Caleb insisted on getting out of the BOB so that he could go "see" the geese.

Apparently "see" means "chase and generally harass" in Caleb's world.

On the way home, we stopped at the playground and had a major play-breakthrough: 
This non-climber climbed up and mounted the bouncy horse all by himself.
Can you tell how proud he is? 
I sat on a bench and talked him through how to mount the horse, and he did it! All by himself! Once he got on, we just looked at each other with shock and amazement. It was a pretty big moment for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment