February 23

Finally our empty kitchen is not so empty - we have a banquette!

OK, I know it doesn't look like much in this picture. But that's because it only shows 1/3 of the situation. I took this before our neighbor brought over the other half of the bench and the table he built. Also, it still needs to be painted, installed, and have cushions made for it.

But let me tell you: it is pretty fantastic, and I think it will turn our little kitchen into one of my favorite rooms in the house. I'll post more about it on the house blog when I get a chance.

This girl is finally feeling back to 100%. And now when she bites my nose, I can feel her sharp little tooth. Hooray!

This boy? I asked him to show me a handsome face, and he gave me this: 
Then this: 
Then this: 
And finally this: 

While Daisy napped this morning, he kept asking, "Mommy, can we go on a 'venture?"
It broke my heart to tell him no, especially since it ended up being right around 70 degrees today. Tomorrow is supposed to be yucky, but Chris is taking the day off work in honor of my birthday (really, it should be a bank holiday anyway, don't you think?). So maybe we'll find time for a 'venture then.


1 comment: