February 3

Today was grocery shopping day. That's right: theday I bought (most of) the groceries for a month's worth of meals. I still need to get a few things, and I'll need to refresh our produce selection every week, but still. It's almost completely done. This is largely due to my mom, who came over and hung out while Caleb and Daisy napped so that I could do my big shopping trip baby-free. What a treat! Thanks, Mom!

Also a treat? Playing with Daisy while Caleb napped this morning. This girl is bright, and she has figured out that when Caleb is asleep, she can play with all of the toys that he doesn't let her touch the rest of the day.

"OOH! The Big Red TowMater!"

"Vrrrm, vrrm, Mr. The King!"

Reveling in her complete control over Caleb's toys...

Oh, how Caleb would freak out if he saw her chewing on his Rusty Old Car! He'd shout something like, "No, no Daisy! Don't get my cars all sah-lobbery! Don't eat my cars!"

My mom came over right after I got Caleb down for his nap. I went shopping, and Mom put Daisy down for her nap with no fussing at all. Amazing! Then she got to revel in two solid hours of naptime before Caleb woke up. She reported that Caleb was cheerful and happy to see her, until he realized that it was Grandma but NO MOMMY. He got a little fussy then, and just wanted to get back in bed. Funny boy. Then Daisy woke up. Mom brought Daisy into Caleb's room, and he insisted that Mom put Daisy in bed with him. Then he was happy. Caleb held Daisy's hand, she patted his face... and then I got home. How sweet.

Right as Mom was leaving, Jenny came over to have dinner with us.

Caleb pretended that this little silver box was a piggy nose (he watched some of Muppets Take Manhattan last night - perhaps he was thinking of Miss Piggy? He never gets her name right, though. Instead he calls her "Missy the Pig.) and kept putting it on Jenny's face. They both thought it was pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment