February 17

First, I would like to wish a happy Longer-Out-Than-In Day to Daisy. Today she is 41 weeks and 3 days old, so she has officially been out in the world longer than she was in my womb. Hooray, Daisy! You are taking the world by storm!

We had a great day today - a walk and playground time in the sunshine with friends, an award ceremony for my dad, and then more sunshine and playground time. I'm pretty sure it doesn't get any better!

Amber and two of her three darlings (or three of her four, if you count Baby #4 who is just in development) came out this morning to hang out with us. I'm pretty sure Amber was a bit concerned by some of the posts earlier in the week, so she came to offer moral support and parenting wisdom. Thanks, friend.

Caleb was absolutely smitten with Amber. While I was nursing Daisy, Caleb asked me to put him in a swing. I couldn't so Caleb turned to Amber and said, "Hey, can you put your cup on the blue table and ... and..." Amber patiently waited while he wandered off, gathered his thoughts, and returned. "Hey, can you put your cup on the blue table and put me in a baby sah-wing?"

Amber did just that (paying special attention to put her cup on the blue table), then gave him big pushes, then hopped on a swing herself.

Can you see in that picture above how ecstatic he was? Caleb does NOT get like that very often, especially with someone he only sees once a month or so. Amber has the magic touch.

Happy boy. Any guesses about who the recipient of that adoring gaze is?
Yep. It's Amber.

Then the award ceremony.
My dad was being recognized by the State High School Athletic Association for his many years of distinguished service. It was a pretty big deal for him - he's worked really hard, for a really long time to make their swimming and diving events go well, so it was nice to be recognized for his work.

Way to go, Dad!

My mom snapped this shot of me with her phone; I like it because it pretty perfectly sums up what my life is like.
I love that Daisy isn't phased by anything that is happening. Of course she's strapped to me while I take copious amounts of pictures. It happens every day.

The whole fam was able to be there for Dad's award, which is a pretty impressive feat. We're a nortoriously difficult group to corral.
(Side note: Can you tell that Daisy only took a thirty-minute afternoon nap? Girl was exhausted.)

Dad was so happy, and Mom was so proud. It was good.

Then we went to a tile store in a fruitless attempt to pick tile for our master bathroom, again.
This time, we wised up and Chris wore Caleb in the Ergo on his back, while I wore Daisy in the Water Wrap on my chest. That way, we didn't have to worry about Caleb breaking anything. It was a good choice.

To reward the kiddos for their patience, more park time!

This girl loves swinging and sunshine!

Two happy kiddos. It's not often that Daddy gets to take them to the park!

I wish that I could adequately explain how delighted Caleb and Daisy were to be playing with Daddy in the sixty-degree February sunshine.

I tried to snap our family photo in a random convex mirror on the playground. I think I was moderately successful.

Chris took these shots of me with the kiddos. The sunshine did me good, too.

Loving my babies!

The only way we got Caleb to leave the park without a fuss was reminding him that he could run his fingers along the fence. Then, leaving was a breeze!

1 comment:

  1. your life looks fun!! You are such a great mom and blogger :)

    ReplyDelete