February 21

OK, I think everything is better today. 
Miraculously, we all found our groove after a rough three-day weekend, and a really, REALLY rough night. (It involved Daisy crying most of the night, despite the fact that she was pretty much asleep. Weird.) Daisy took her naps, we went to the library, we even managed to walk to the playground!

Daisy didn't want to wear her sunglasses; she just wanted to chew on them.

Due largely to the influence of Amber's kids, Caleb chose to walk/run all the way to the park and all the way back. It was probably good for him to get all of that energy out, but it was hard for me to adjust to a toddler's pace and distractiblity. I'm used to popping him in the BOB and doing my thing. Guess I'll have to adjust!

It was a bit chillier than I anticipated, and Daisy was woefully under-dressed, but she didn't mind.

This kid was pumped to be playing!

And this girl has a tooth!!
Can you see it? Probably not. The actual tooth hasn't come up yet, but her bottom-right-center gum is perforated where the tooth is. If I press down on her gum, I can feel it, and the skin is broken, but it hasn't come all the way out yet.

Yay, Daisy! Your first tooth, at nine and a half months old. You're faster than your brother, at least! Caleb was eleven months old when he got his first tooth. (Did I mention that the childcare workers at MOPS were worried about feeding her Cheerios because she has no teeth? I didn't have the heart to tell them that Daisy eats more than her two-year-old brother and that she could eat Cheerios in her sleep.)

I guess that tooth explains why the weekend was so rough, huh?
And can you tell the girl is feeling 100% better now?

At home, Caleb wore Daisy's shades. That boy is something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment