February 13

At 4:30 this morning, I came to an important conclusion:
Our children hate us.
Their primary goal is to see us suffer.

I came to this conclusion after Daisy woke up at 4:20 - again. Lately she's been waking up at this time ready to play. But this morning, I was able to nurse her right back to sleep. Praise the Lord! And that's when I heard a creeeaak  and the sound of a few drowsy, stumbling footsteps. Then Caleb's little whimper. I tried so hard to call out to him quietly enough to keep Daisy asleep, but it didn't work. Chris called out to him, too, and then Caleb pranced into our room and annouced, "I'm awake!"
And then Daisy was, too.

They hate us.

This theme continued throughout the day: Caleb took a short nap, Daisy woke every fifteen minutes during her afternoon nap, Caleb was fussy and whiny and challenging... It all left me feeling discouraged, depressed, and angry. Yep- ANGRY. I feel Angry Mom rearing her ugly head. Lord, please keep Angry Mom at bay. 

So I didn't take any pictures until bedtime. Here's my beautiful daughter who seems to hate me mercilessly:

I set her down in the middle of her room and she promptly scooted right out the door.

"What? You expected me to stay there?"
Uh, yeah. I guess I should revise my expectations.

Doesn't she remind you of Beethoven on Snoopy?
Maybe it's just me.

Sorry for all the woe-is-me drama.
I'm sure tomorrow will be better. Right?
This is just a phase. Right?
This is just a season in our lives, and in a few years we'll look back on it fondly.
Right.

1 comment:

  1. ok is it NOW when i should tell you about teenagers??? or should i wait??

    ReplyDelete