January 31

It was a good, good day.

Really, I think the kids and I just needed a good dose of Vitamin D. Well, Daisy gets Vitamin D supplements every night, so she's fine. Maybe that's why she's so cheerful. But Caleb and I really benefitted from the fresh air and sunshine.

But before the fresh air and sunshine, there was my sweet little sunshine, who woke up at 5 am. And stayed up. Chris' alarm went off, and boom - she was up. He hit the snooze button and went back to sleep, but not Daisy. She and I were up until 6:22, when Chris was finished with his run and shower and he took her from me and I buried my head in the pillow and slept... for thirty more minutes. *sigh*

Then Chris went to work, Caleb woke up, and we had biscuits and gravy for breakfast.

Caleb loves biscuits and gravy for breakfast.

That's when I knew it was going to be a good day, after all.

Daisy "helped" me make breakfast by attempting to pull the diaper bag off this sweet little bench that my dad got for the kiddos. She didn't get the bag off, but she somehow managed to swipe my wallet and chew on the zipper pulls for a while.

Daisy went down for an early nap, and Caleb and I played outside while she slept.

Well, really, Caleb played and I raked and scooped and dumped leaves. It was hard work with very little results, but I'm still proud of my effort. Occasionally Caleb abandoned his play and tried to help me, which was sweet.

Then Daisy woke up, and we headed back outside.

Give the girl organic kale and spinach-flavored rice puffs, and she's a happy camper.

"Yum! Thanks, Mom!"

And this kid is just too cool for school in his shades and Jimi t-shirt.

After naps, I popped both kids in the BOB and we walked to the library. I clocked our time there and back; we live sixteen minutes from the library.
16 minutes.
By foot.
LOVE IT.
It's one of my favorite things about this new house.

Hooray for walking to the library! And the playground! And the pool! It almost makes up for the fact that the house is a dump needs a lot of love and there's nowhere nearby to buy affordable groceries. Almost.

1 comment:

  1. Still workin' on a grocery system eh? It's rough when everyone has schedules for naps and such. How cool is it that you can walk all those places? I'd be loving it too!

    ReplyDelete