January 26

Tonight was another out-late, I-get-to-be-a-grownup night. Ok, so I wasn't out that late. But I was out past bedtime. My husband is amazing.

What did we do today? Not much of anything.

Daisy has a wicked diaper rash, so she had lots of naked time. She peed on three different  blankets.

Caleb and Daisy both took crummy afternoon naps, and both woke up crying at the same time. It looked something like this:
I showered, cleaned the kitchen, and finally sat down on the couch with a steaming cup of coffee, a cookie (or two), a Bible, and my book for tonight's meeting. I started reading, then was startled by something in my peripheral vision. I looked out our BIG sliding glass door into the backyard to see the fluffy white tails of four deer bounding through our yard, up the hill toward the pond.
I gasped.
cool!

and then Caleb started crying. Shrieking.
and then Daisy started crying. Wailing.

and it was all gone.

So the kids played in Daisy's room while I tried to get started on a sewing project. Caleb wanted to color, so I got out his markers, then went back to work. Then I looked up to see him scribbling furiously - on his hands.

See? On his knuckles? And also possibly on his nose?
He was pretty proud of himself. I started to take the markers away, but then I realized that we've never had the "we use markers on paper, but not on our skin" talk. So we had the talk, and I gave him another chance. He complied.

Meanwhile, Daisy emptied her shelves.

"Who, me?"

Then Caleb handed me a scarf and asked me to make it a tie. 
So I knotted it loosely around his neck and told him it was a tie. He walked into the hallway and said, "I wearin' my tie. Now I go to work. I go to my bank to work."

Sweet boy wanted to be just like his Daddy. Doesn't it make your heart melt?

And Daisy was still working on clearing those shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment