January 3

Today I was digging through boxes in a vague attempt to organize things, when I came across Caleb's first year calendar. I flipped forward to his eighth and ninth months to see what he was doing when he was Daisy's age. Answer: beginning to talk and rolling all over the place.
What is Daisy doing now that Caleb wasn't?
Answer: scooting and clapping. She's a month or two ahead of him on those things.
Isn't it funny how each baby is so different?

Today my mom came out to help me get the house settled. She ended up staying home with Daisy while I made my absolutely horrible first shopping trip to Schnucks. It was terrible. They didn't have what I wanted, everything was in weird places, and it was all so much more expensive. I fought back tears the whole time. (Pathetic, I know. But people, I'm a smart shopper. Every week, the kids and I hit three stores in a row - wham, bam, ka-BLAMMO. We rock those stores. I'm swift and thrifty because I know those stores. We pay less and the kids are well-behaved because I KNOW those stores. And now I have to start all over. Ugh.)

But when I came home, I grabbed some bags out of the trunk and headed inside. I glanced up to the big front window and saw my mom holding Daisy. Daisy was grinning from ear to ear and kicking her legs in delight. Mom said she even laughed out loud. Why? Because she was happy to see me. ME. I don't get moments like that very often, and it was a salve to my wounded soul.

It was even better because she was dressed especially well today. Want to see?

Yes, the hair is crazy, but still.
Sweet BabyGAP dress was a gift from Grandmother.
Jeggings were a MonsterSale purchase from The Children's Place.
Santa bought the hairbow at Target.
And those sweet little bow-toed socks were from Grandmother.

She's not looking at the camera because she's gazing adoringly at her big brother.

He's so funny!

Love her.

"You can't fake chic like this!"

Lounging in her bouncer while I made dinner.

After dinner, we surprised Daddy while he was attempting to fix that blasted ceiling fan.
We did this: 
It's probably the funniest thing I've seen in weeks.
(Don't you love that circa-1968 linoleum? It's cream and black with gold flecks. The closets inexplicably feature hardwood floors with nasty carpet over them. Then there's that hole in the wall behind Caleb. Look carefully; you can see that there was apparently a hole there before that was patched, then someone busted a hole in the patch. We are living in the lap of luxury, people.)

Chris and Caleb both enjoyed the paper-bag-over-the-head game.

Right now Daisy's sleeping in her own room as Chris continues to wage war against that blasted fan. Pray for a victory?

1 comment:

  1. I can just see a speck of blue in Daisy's room and it is really pretty! I love it with the green sheets on her bed. And Caleb with the bag on his head is seriously funny stuff. Hot floors babe. I'm thinking that hallway had people sliding down it and someone hit the wall...more than once. ;)

    ReplyDelete