January 23

1. I officially no longer look like death. I am still puffy and yucky, but I am nearly healthy.  Hooray!
2. Caleb slept until 7:24 this morning. It was beautiful.
3. Daisy loves her brother. A lot. She was really excited to go in and wake him up this morning. Or maybe she was just excited to play with the things in his room this morning.

She scooted across his room, grabbed his toothbrush, and immediately stuck it in her mouth. That furtive look shows that she knows Caleb would be unhappy if he caught her using his toothbrush.

This is her "my-brother-is-so-funny-and-smart-and-handsome!" face. I'm not sure what Caleb will do the first time he meets a woman who doesn't  think he's funny, smart, and handsome.

Then Daisy scooted to Caleb's closet to talk to the baby in the mirror. She was fascinated.

Later, we went to the playground. In retrospect, this probably wasn't the best idea. It was kind of cold out, andI don't think I had the kids dressed quite warmly enough. But they didn't complain...

Do you like Daisy's BabyLegs that clash with her pants? I only have one pair of girly ones, and they were dirty. So the red and silver stripes it was! It was my attempt at layering so she wouldn't get too cold. Plus, the girl is just so tall and skinny that I need BabyLegs to fill that ankle gap. Or maybe I should get her a pair of tall boots...

Caleb loves swinging, but he loves it even more when Daisy is in the swing next to him. It warms my heart that these two love each other so much.

Cute, huh? I'm pretty pleased with Caleb's new shoes - $8ish on clearance at Target. Hooray!

Daisy, clapping because she loves the swing. Or because she loves to clap. Or because she was trying to wave but ended up clapping instead. I think her brain is still finalizing those connections. Sometimes she tries to wave or clap, but ends up wiggling her feet instead.

(Have I mentioned that I think she says "bye-bye"? She doesn't say it when we're leaving or anything, but I keep finding her randomly waving and saying "bah-bah". It happens so frequently that I'm almost convinced it's intentional.)

Caleb loves this frog. I asked him what its name was, and he said, "Kyoto". No kidding. I guess one of his storybooks features two frogs named Kyoto and Osaka. I haven't read the story with him, but he has explained this to me.

(Note that Caleb is now wearing my mittens. Because I was a bad mom and didn't think 45 degrees was that cold, so I didn't bring his mittens. Or a real coat. Honestly, the kid is lucky that he even has a hoodie on, because I almost took him out wearing just a sweater. I failed the weather test today.)

Yep. Daisy eating woodchips. Because why not?

She was happy with the arrangement.

Dinnertime. Caleb has figured out that if he eats his dinner, we'll give him a treat. "Treats" can range from fruit to cookies to pretzels to fruit snacks to raisins. But the kid has gotten smart. If we ask him to  take a bite, he replies in a wheedling voice, "Caleb can have a spesssshhhhhul treeeeaaat?" If we say yes, then he asks, "What will it be?" He's not going to eat his dinner for just any old treat.
I think this will not end well for us.
But at least he's eating what we're eating, and we're not making special meals for him. Right?

Daisy still eats more than Caleb on most nights. Tonight was Tilapia, snow peas, au gratin potatoes, and blackberries. She and Caleb were both particularly pleased about the blackberries. And then Chris and I made the executive decision that this regularly scheduled non-bath night should become a bath night. It was a good call.


1 comment: