January 6

I'm pretty sure it was nearly 70 degrees out today.

Good thing, too. I needed some sunshine and fresh air to help me regain my sanity. It was a rough day for me. Something about Daisy refusing to nap for more than forty-five minutes at a time, and then Caleb throwing a tantrum and waking her up when I had finally gotten her to sleep for what I was sure would be a great  nap.

People, I almost lost it.

Luckily, I was able to pop them both in the BOB and head over to the neighborhood playground. The brisk (verrry brisk) walk did wonders for my frustration, and the sunshine was like a miracle drug. Plus, Caleb and Daisy were both so happy to be at the park that it was hard for me to stay angry.

Oh, boy.
Is he cool, or is he cool?

Those red socks and exposed ankles and crooked, too-big sunglasses... but boy, was he happy. And when I put that maroon shirt on him, he smiled and said, "This is a soft shirt, Mommy!"

Daisy was so happy to be swinging in the sunshine!

Happy Daisy. Distracted Caleb. (A bicyclist had just ridden by)

Daisy clapped her hands in delight. She really loved swinging!

"Yes, Mom! This is awesome!"

And my hip little man.

Later I apologized to him for being so frustrated. Thankfully, he accepted my apology.

No comments:

Post a Comment