January 16

I love bank holidays.

I especially love bank holidays on sixty-degree days in January when I am sicker than a dog.

Chris and I took the kids to the zoo today; it was Daisy's first trip, and Caleb's first trip that I trusted him to be out of the stroller. Fun was had by all.

We arrived super-early to take advantage of the free carousel and children's zoo. Unfortunately, the carousel was closed. Jerky zoo people. But the children's zoo was open, and Caleb was really excited about the guinea pig.

Caleb eagerly posed as a river otter - too funny.

However, he was terrified by the butterflies in the butterfly dome. He kept saying that they sting. Daisy was fascinated by them, though. She was so fascinated by the zoo in general that she decided to forgo her morning nap, and stay awake until we got in the car to drive home. I really thought the stroller and the fresh air would put her right to sleep, but I thought wrong.

We had the stroller, but Caleb chose to run.
Everywhere.
He ran and ran and ran and ran. Up hills. Down hills. Through tunnels. He only fell once.

This kid loves water. This waterfall was better than any animal for him.
(We saw limited amounts of animals, though, because so many exhibits were "Closed due to icy conditions." It was fifty degrees out, and warming. Really? Icy conditions?

Caleb randomly started doing some ballet poses. Or karate moves. Whatever.

In the ape house, this orangutan came up to inspect Daisy. Daisy is that pink blob in the bottom right corner. (Yes, Mom. There's a pane of glass between them. No, Mom. She wasn't scared.)

See? That's how close he was. Caleb was pretty tickled by the whole thing.

So it's official. Daisy loves the zoo.

She is also officially the cutest baby ever.

See?

Sigh.

And my boys. Love them!

(No pictures of me because I look sick. Ugh. One of my eyes is even swollen and red. Hoping I feel better tomorrow.)


No comments:

Post a Comment