January 15

These kids.

I tell you what - they're pretty fantastic. (Written after I just battled forty-five minutes to get Daisy to sleep. But she's still pretty fantastic.)

We went to church this morning. Caleb was so excited to see his friend Cooper and his teacher, Miss Rhonda. When Chris went to pick him up, he was playing with a little girl named Harper. They're about a month apart in age, so they've been in the same classroom since birth. Chris told Caleb to say goodbye to Harper, so he gave her a long, lingering hug. Then he walked away, came back, and gave Harper a kiss on the cheek. How sweet is that?

One of the things that I love about our church's children's program is that they encourage the kids to start memorizing scripture at an early age. I would never think that two-year-olds could memorize Bible verses, but they can. And Caleb feels so proud and excited when he knows his verse!

Here we're practicing January's memory verse: "With God, all things are possible." Matthew 19:26
The blue piece of paper has the verse written on it, as well as a description of the arm motions they use to help the kids remember it. We like to practice.

I'm feeling under the weather - a yucky sore throat, body aches, and the chills. When we got home from church, I climbed right into bed to nap while the kiddos napped. My wonderful husbando was tired too, but instead of napping, he took care of Daisy when she woke up and even took some photos of her for me!

Chris fed her lunch - banana and apple slices. She seems to be pretty pleased with the turn of events!

This girl loves her sippy cup. If for some reason I can't nurse her - I'm away, or I've taken medication or had a margarita :), she won't take a bottle anymore. She'll only take milk from a sippy cup.

Yay for sippy cups!

Yummy snack. Don't her big brown eyes melt your heart?

At church today, we were talking to a man named Kevin. He's our parents' age and not yet a grandpa, but has baby fever. He's kept up with Daisy and Caleb's growth and development. Chris and I were chatting with him about Daisy - how she's tall and skinny, 90th percentile for height and 15th for weight. His response?
"Well, she's 100th percentile for beautiful!!!"
I laughed really hard at that one.

Dinnertime. Daisy has a thing for tongues. She cracked up when I stuck my tongue out at her and waggled it around. For dinner tonight, she had brown rice, grilled shrimp, mango, cucumber, and oranges. Not bad for an eight-month-old, huh? Have I mentioned how much I love Baby-Led Solids? It may be messy, but it's way easier than baby food, and SO MUCH FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment