January 4

Daisy is eight months old today! It doesn't seem possible that she's closing in on one year old, but she is. We had a great day today; it was the perfect combination of fun and productive. Daisy was even cheerful and cooperative for her photo session.

This girl loves to clap, and seems to have figured out when clapping is appropriate. I'm pretty sure she's gifted, because she claps every time I do something well or say something funny.

Oh my goodness. I love every bit of this tall-and-skinny, crazy-haired, floor-scooting little ragamuffin.

Her hair is almost long enough for barettes now!

At eight months old, Daisy:
sleeps from 8:30 pm to 7:30 am most days
(some days she wakes up at 6 and plays with Daddy, then goes back to sleep)
takes two 90-minute naps each day
finally has her own bedroom!
will nap in her room, but prefers Mommy and Daddy's bed at night
still nurses all.night.long.
scoots to get things she wants, but doesn't usually travel more than a few feet
still puts everything in her mouth
adores Caleb. I hope that never ends.
is a ridiculously good baby

One of her favorite games is pull-the-sock-off-the-foot-and-chew-on-it. If you think it sounds exciting, you're right.

Holding the sock and scooting. I'm pretty sure she thought she had a chance at grabbing my camera, and was making her move. You thought wrong, baby!

*sigh*
love her.

The temperature climbed to the fifties today, so I popped the kids in the BOB and we checked out the neighborhood playground. It was one of the reasons we fell in love with this house and this neighborhood, so I was hopeful that it wouldn't disappoint.

Can you see the delight on Caleb's face?

Daisy was past due for a nap and feeling drowsy, so she watched Caleb's antics from the snuggly warm confines of the BOB.

I pushed Caleb in the swing, higher and higher, until he said, "Can Mommy get in the big boy swing? Can Mommy swing with Caleb?"
He didn't have to ask me twice.

I took this photo while I was swinging next to Caleb.
Right after this, he looked at me and said, "This is so much fun!"
And then my heart melted.

Then we checked out the basketball court and pool, then walked the trail you can kind of see in the background. Daisy fell fast asleep, and it was a really good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment