September 30

Today was supposed to be another boring day, but this morning I got a phone call: Chris' mom and sister, Sally, were coming out for a visit! The kids and I scrambled to get the house in shape, then enjoyed a fun morning with Grandmother and Sally. Caleb was so delighted to get to play with them - he showed off all of his tricks.

Proud Grandmother with her two babies. (They were all a little wiggly, so it was hard to get a good picture!)

Caleb was too busy talking to/smiling at Grandmother to be bothered with a photo.

While Daisy napped, Caleb enjoyed being the center of attention. Seriously.
He was so happy to be sandwiched between Grandmother and Sally!

He's either lovingly brushing the hair back from Sally's cheek, or going after her earring.
Yep. It was the earring.

What a fun morning! Then Daisy punished me all afternoon by taking crummy naps. Her midday nap is usually the longest, lasting 3-4 hours. Today, I spent over an hour getting her to sleep, and then she slept for 45 minutes. I was peeved. She's been weird lately: gassy, uncomfortable, fussier than normal... I hope nothing is wrong. I decided that the sleep issue is due to the fact that she no longer wants to be swaddled when she sleeps.

 (I know. She's nearly five months old. She can roll both ways. She should have been unswaddled a long time ago. But when swaddling = sweet sleep, you cling to it as long as you can! Am I right?)

So during dinner, she napped unswaddled for the first time. And as I type this, she is upstairs, sleeping unswaddled. Maybe this transition will be easy, and not the nightmare I've been dreading? A girl can hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment