September 3

It was above 100 degrees again today.

Chris and I made a unanimous decision to postpone today's scheduled long runs (6 miles for me; 9 miles for him) until tomorrow, when a cold front is supposed to have come through. We'll see how that one works out for us.

Instead, we went shopping (I managed to stumble upon one of those serendipitous moments when Old Navy takes an additional 50% off clearance prices for baby clothes. Daisy's next-summer wardrobe is looking pretty sweet, and I got a few darling dresses for now - all at garage sale prices. Nice!) and visited the pool.

I found a shady spot at the pool, and was finally able to allow Daisy to experience the pool outside of her water wrap. (That's the wrap all bundled around my chest, not my swimsuit. Really.)

Clearly, Daisy was thrilled.

Maybe she was just overcome by all of the amazing stimuli at the pool?

I had a good-mom moment, and thought to bring some sliced watermelon along with us.

Caleb was really happy with that turn of events.

During adult swim, Daisy found a shady spot to do some poolside push-ups.

And then more swimming!

We came home from the pool, and Caleb and Chris headed right out the back door to play in the sprinkler. That, my friends, is what summer is all about.

On an unrelated note, guess which two-year-old has gone pee-pee on the potty two nights in a row?
Yep! My little guy!

So far he's only gone when we've placed him on the potty, but I'm sure that soon he will start requesting to sit on the potty. Right?
It will be easy. Right?
Right?

We are bribing him, so hopefully that will work in our favor. One pee-pee on the potty = one mini marshmallow. I just hope I'm not causing him to form a permanent brain connection between marshmallows and the potty. I'd hate to ruin his future enjoyment of hot cocoa or Rice Krispie Treats!

1 comment:

  1. AAAAAAHHH! TOO CUTE!! my eyes are burning. No but these are the cutest photos the past couple days! Daisy is the sweetest thing!!

    ReplyDelete