September 28

I know, I know; this post is a day late. Don't worry - everything is fine! We were just out late last night, and I was too tired to throw together a post. Please accept a ridiculous amount of photos as an apology?

After I ran five miles this morning, Caleb and I whipped up a batch of Oatmeal Waffles. With whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose, this is our go-to waffle recipe. It makes a really hearty waffle, and I don't think it even needs syrup.
(And yes, I know: running five miles before breakfast, oatmeal waffles from scratch... I am superwoman. Just don't look at the cleanliness of my floors. Or my bathrooms.)

Chris surprised me with these the other day. Love them! They make mornings a little bit easier.

She looks happy, but don't let her fool you. This girl was a terrible napper today!

Then, busy, busy, busy. Chris ended up meeting us for dinner at Lion's Choice. Daisy was finally napping in her car seat, though, and I wasn't about to risk waking her by un-latching it and bringing it inside. So the boys went in and ate, while I stayed in the car and drove through the drive through. Seriously.
Chris rushed to feed himself, but Caleb was poking along, eating his meal like a sleepy turtle. We were running late to our evening's event, so Chris decided to let Caleb finish eating in the car. They got outside, though, and I suggested that Caleb might  not eat if left to his own devices in the back seat. So instead, Caleb finished his meal... 
On the car. Beause, why not? He was pretty happy with this turn of events, and gobbled up his roast beef sandwich.

Then, the evening's entertainment: IWU vs. WashU. Chris' cousin Molly is a forward (and a really good one!) for the Titans, so we were rooting for IWU.

In addition to watching an action-packed soccer game, Daisy got to meet her Great-Grandad and BG (Bonus Grandma) for the first time.

Caleb was focused on the game. He really liked watching the girls play soccer!

"YAY!"

GREAT Aunt Maggie (Molly is her daughter) even thought to bring these fantastic jingle bells for the kiddos to shake when IWU scored. Sadly, we missed their one goal, but Caleb found a few opportunities to shake his bells.

Daisy was very interested in the bells,

but she also took time to focus on the soccer game. (Maggie is a master mulit-tasker; she was able to pay close attention to the game and still snuggle babies and talk to family and friends. I don't know how she does it!)

Later, Caleb found a football. Suddenly, he was no longer interested in the game.

We also got to visit with Miss Caroline, Chris' cousin who was born on Caleb's birthday this year. (One of the beauties of big Catholic families is that 30-year-old Chris can have a not-quite-three-month-old cousin.)

I looked over later in the game, and saw Caleb being snuggled by Great Grandad. Though Caleb's expression is weird in this photo, he was actually really happy.

And more of darling Caroline. I can't even imagine what it's like to have such an adorably chunky little girl! Maybe our next one will have chubby little cheeks like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment