September 8

Today was a really, really great day.

It was another cool morning,
so Daisy wore this sweet little jumper that I wore as a baby! It's obvious that she felt pretty special about the whole thing, isn't it?
(Side note: I took that photo with my shiny new phone! More impressive: I got that photo off of my shiny new phone and onto the computer! Pretty snazzy, if I do say so myself!)

Caleb did some biking,
and then we went on a run.

Daisy, in her post-four-miler coma.
I ran this four miles a full minute faster than yesterday. Go me!

After naps, we decided to check out a new park. Literally; this park is only a few years old. It's only fifteen minutes from us, and I think it's our new favorite park!

One playground featured a windmill-powered creek, and giant frogs made by Bob Casilly (the genius/madman behind the City Museum). Caleb was so excited to stomp in the creek!

The child spent a full hour throwing rocks in the creek. Not even kidding. For an hour, his attention never waned.

Oops! That one's not real! There were life-sized metal lizards, turtles, and frogs embedded in the concrete of the creek. Caleb thought that was pretty funny.

I was so excited about the park that I called Chris and insisted that he come out and join us instead of going home after work. So he did. What a good (and handsome!!) husbando I have.

He's an even better husbando because he took us out to dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant after the park, instead of letting me make dinner. Good man.

(Side note: Today I asked Caleb what he wanted for lunch. He didn't respond. I offered several options, but he said no to all of them. The he said, "We need to go get some food for Caleb to eat. We need to go to the restaurant and have some chicken tacos."

Really. The child said that. He wanted me to take him to El Maguey for lunch. I was so impressed by the clarity, appropriateness, and specificity of his request that I would have taken him if I wasn't all sweaty and post-run yucky. I promptly texted Chris what his son had said, and that's why we went to the Mexican restaurant tonight.)

One unhappy thing?

I think this child has a blocked tear duct. Her left eye (on the right in this photo) has been watery and goopy for a week, but she's been in good spirits and the eye wasn't red, so I wasn't concerned. Today, however, the goop turned green. I just Googled it, and my sources indicate that it's a blocked tear duct, which is common in babies under one and usually related to a cold. They say I should call her doctor within 24 hours to get antibiotic eye drops.

Poor kid. But maybe Google is wrong, and it's nothing. It's always possible!


2 comments:

  1. Great pictures!!! The park really looks like fun. Your husbando really IS handsome! LOVE the blue thing on Daisy, and are her eyes getting browner??? MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and can you help ME get my pictures from my phone to my computer????? MOM

    ReplyDelete