September 16

This day?
Not fun.

Caleb was insanely fussy today.  We were supposed to do our grocery shopping today; I had planned to go this morning, before lunch and naptime. But Caleb was so whiny and touchy that I had to postpone shopping. We did lunch at 11:00, half an hour earlier than normal. But it took the child forty-five minutes to eat his lunch, due to periodic tantrum breaks. In the end, I got him down for his nap at 12:05, which is when he normally goes down.

But then?

He didn't go to sleep. Just like yesterday. Again, it took an hour, but this time I wasn't feeling so sensitive and loving about the whole thing. I tried letting him talk and wear himself out. When it was clear that wouldn't work, I tried singing. I tried rocking. I tried holding his hand and telling him a story. I tried rocking him and telling him a story. I was in his room, I was out of his room. I finally lost it when I heard pounding coming from his room, only to discover that he was lying on his back in bed, with his feet on the wall, kicking the wall.

I confess: I was harsh with him. Oh, how I wanted to spank him. But I knew it would do no good in this situation. Instead, I moved him back to sleeping position, scolded him, felt bad, told him I loved him, and left. He cried.

And then he fell asleep.

*sigh*
I know you've been there, friends. And I know I'll be there again.

He and Daisy woke up at the same time, so I brought her into his room with me. All he wanted to do was snuggle her. When I tried to take her away to change her diaper, Caleb cried. So I let them snuggle. What mama is going  to say no to that?
(You'll have to forgive the poor quality of these photos. It was still pretty dark in the room.)

Their expressions are due solely to the fact that I used the flash on my camera - a rare treat.

He just wanted to hold her hand. She loved it.
(Isn't the babydoll funny right there?)

All of the photos of Daisy smiling were blurry, but I promise you that she was enjoying this snuggle session. Also, aren't her little feet funny?

heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment