September 29

I think we have all officially recovered from our super-late night last night. Caleb was kind enough to sleep in this morning; Daisy, not so much. But that's ok. It was a beautiful, balmy morning, so we seized the opportunity to wear shorts and sundresses one last time.

Clearly, Daisy was the one wearing the sundress.

She loved being outside and watching her brother play!

I'm not sure why I'm sharing this photo; maybe because it makes me laugh, or maybe because I'm just keeping it real. I got worried that Daisy would get chilly in the sundress, so I topped it with a cardigan and some socks. I think the whole outfit meshes nicely, don't you? And of course, Daisy can't wear a dress without chewing on the skirt and getting it all slobbery. Then there's the tag of her cloth diaper peeking out from behind the bloomers. What a mess! At least she's cute.

After naptime, Caleb and I made an apple pie. Forgive the dark, grainy photos? I had the wrong lens on, and was too lazy to fix it.

After we finished rolling out the crusts, I wiped the counters while Caleb stood on his chair and waited for the next step. But he wasn't content to wait. Instead, he grabbed a nearby wash cloth and started wiping, too. I didn't even have to say a word. What a good boy!

This is what one satisfied pie-maker looks like. He was even happier a few hours later, when he ate the pie. Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment