March 9

Today is Caleb's 32-month birthday. I only know this because it is also day two of potty training. What's the correlation? I read recently (ok, three days ago) that the optimal time for potty training is between twenty-four and thirty-two months of age. And then I did the math and realized that Caleb was about to be outside the optimal time, and decided to get on it.  Today we had two accidents; one of the solid variety, and one liquid. Overall, though, I'm pleased. Well, really I'm not. I don't trust that he gets it; I don't feel like he will ever shout, "Mommy! I need to go potty!" and then go to the potty. I think so far we've just been lucky and I've just prompted him to go at the right times. But that's how it starts, isn't it?

Daisy took a three-hour nap this morning. When she woke up, I snapped these photos:

I know the lighting and focus on this one are weird, but it's one of my new favorite photos of them. I love that Caleb is playing his guitar, Daisy is smiling and "dancing", and that there are little hearts in the background.

My boy, "bein' James Taylor!"

He didn't even mind when Daisy strummed a bit, too. Doesn't he look like he knows what he's doing? He totally doesn't. Also, yes, Daisy has a pacifier in her hand. No, she doesn't use it. Lord knows I wish she would, but she doesn't. She just found it and thought it was fun to chew on.

Then Caleb went down for his nap, and I had the opportunity to finally take Daisy's ten-month photos. She still has a bit of a runny nose, but if I wait any longer for her to be healthy, she may be a teenager.

Plus, she was in a really good mood. Can you see her two new teeth?

At ten months, Daisy:
Probably weighs about 16 and a half pounds. Maybe. Possibly less.
Hovers somewhere between nine month clothes and twelve month clothes.
Wakes up between 5:30 and 6:30 most mornings.
Takes two naps, usually two hours in the morning and an hour-ish in the afternoon.
Is nowhere near sleeping through the night. Still.
Has just started putting herself to sleep instead of being nursed to sleep. Hooray!
Pulls up to her knees, but not to standing.
Still scoots, doesn't crawl. Girl is fast.
Loves strawberries. She freaks out if they are anywhere near her.
Loves animals. If she sees someone walking a dog, she starts waving and pointing and kicking her legs.
Might be saying a few words. Most likely are ball, cat, mama, dada, hi, bye, milk.

She loves to be outside. If she can't be outside, she is gazing longingly out the window.

Daisy is such a happy, easy baby. Except for the part where she is totally attached to me. I mean, I'm fantastic and all, but still...

Isn't she funny? She is totally into that soccer ball, which I think was a gift from Sara's boys on move-in day.

I just love this photo for some reason. Can you tell that she likes to chew?
(Also, Dear Grace, Thanks again for the saxo-flute. The kids LOVE it. I will spend the rest of my life trying to repay your "kindness". I have found a trick, though. I just hide the mouthpiece. Score one for mommy.)

I love how she always sits with her feet crossed. Isn't she funny?

And then she's off - a blur of movement. My sweet girl. She is such a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. she is such a sweetie! I love these! She is getting so big now!

    ReplyDelete