March 29

I know that toddler tantrums one day come to an end.
It will end, right?
Nothing ruins a perfectly good day faster than a chain of tantrums. Before this evening, though, it was a really fun day! We celebrated passover with friends, had naps, Maggie visited, and then Caleb found a cupcake recipe book that my grandma gave us. Of course, he doesn't understand that we don't read cookbooks the way we read regular books. It does have pictures, after all. So he asked me to "read" it to him several times. He liked the lamb cupcakes so much that I decided to get the unfrosted cupcakes I had tucked away in the freezer a few months ago (a smart move on my part, if I do say. We had no need for two dozen cupcakes, so I put half of them in the freezer for later.) and whipped up some frosting.

This was actually quite a milestone for us - the first time Caleb could actively help in the baking. Always before I've had to keep my hands on his the whole time. With these, I just let him go to town!

What? That doesn't look like a lamb to you? Can't you see the marshmallow ears, the two chocolate chip eyes, and the little chocolate chip mouth at the bottom? 

Showing off his inspiration page.

Our lambs in front of the cookbook's lambs. They may look sad, but they sure are tasty!

While we played with (and sampled) the sugary goodness, Daisy munched on veggies in her high chair.

Thankfully, she was perfectly content. She had no idea that she was missing out on the good stuff!

1 comment:

  1. oh how fun! what cute cupcakes!! YUM mail one down to me

    ReplyDelete