March 12

I'm not sure what to say about today.

The weather was beautiful - nearly eighty degrees, and the kids and I were in shorts. Hooray!

Yesterday was a fluke on the potty training front. Today he had a solid accident before Chris had even left for work. A few hours later, Caleb told me, "Oh! I am ready for a potty break!" and then he made pee-pee. My heart leapt with joy! Then after naptime, another solid accident and two liquid accidents this evening. One step forward, two steps back. But at least we're stepping!

Daisy started to wake up from her morning nap at 10 am, so I foolishly suggested to Caleb that we could go on an "adventure". Then Daisy went back to sleep until 10:30. By the time I had her diaper changed, Caleb pottied, and the BOB ready, it was nearly 11. Then I realized I should pack a lunch. We ended up having a lovely picnic near the lake. The down side? The lake was MUCH farther than I anticipated, so I accidentally walked six miles today. Yuck. At least it was lovely weather and Caleb fell asleep on the way home.

Some scenes from our adventure:
Caleb, running behind the stroller. This was before he fell and skinned his knee.

Finally at the lake! We actually walked past a perfectly good, smaller lake to get to this one. I had no idea it was twice as far. But it has a beach! And no, I did not let Caleb walk three miles. He agreed to ride in the stroller after he fell and skinned his knee ten minutes out.

Doing his "I'm at the lake and I'm throwing things" happy dance.

Happy dance, continued.

Daisy loved our picnic! She gobbled up an orange, a cheese stick, and some bread. Then she ate some yogurt melts and rice poofs. Then she stole Caleb's water and drank all of it; apparently hers didn't taste quite as good.

On the long walk home, Daisy played with her feet and sang to herself while Caleb fell asleep.

After a short nap, Caleb played on the patio. He was excited to ride his balance bike, and he kept saying, "I'm riding my motorcycle! I'm like grandpa, riding his motorcycle!"

Happy girl in bare legs and short sleeves! What fun!

Daisy is totally into playing catch right now. She thinks it's hilarious to roll a ball back and forth!

My sweet kiddos, playing together.

We also like to make music on the patio. Daisy played percussion,

Yeah!

And Caleb played guitar. I see a family band in our future!

1 comment:

  1. I don't even want to admit this outloud.. you're making me want to have kids more every day!!!

    ReplyDelete