March 22

OK, am I the only one who gets all gushy when she sees pictures like this?
This silly girl melts my heart. Those big brown eyes, that silly dimpled smile, those two little toothies... She gets me every time.

What a sweetie!

(psst. Does she remind you of me at all?)
Ok, she's a little bit cuter.

Daisy was so funny this afternoon. Caleb and I were sitting on the couch, playing, while Daisy scooted around. Suddenly, the girl disappeared into the kitchen. Caleb and I called, "Daaaiiiisy! Where arrrrre you?" For a while we got no response, just a rustling noise in the kitchen. We waited patiently.

After one more "Daaaaiiiisy! Where arrrrre you?", we saw this: 
Our little girl, grinning from ear to ear, scooted out of the kitchen. In her hand, a bowl full of yogurt melts. I guess the diaper bag was within her reach, so she had been rifling through it. She found her favorite snack and decided it was snack time.

Can you tell from her posture and expression how pleased she is with herself?

She even started chewing on the bowl.
She spent quite a while scooting into the kitchen and back - I think she really enjoyed the "Daisy, where are you?" game. And then I rewarded her resourcefulness by letting her eat the snack. What a funny girl!

Also, can I just tell you? Our boy has been doing great with the potty training. He's a champ! I was about to declare him officially potty trained, but then today...
Right after I took these photos, Caleb and Daisy were both snacking. But Daisy kept getting into Caleb's food, and he wasn't feeling the sharing thing. So I took Daisy into the other room and left Caleb to eat his cheerios and raisins in peace on the floor. A few minutes later, I went in to check on him, and found him still sitting on the floor, surrounded by a puddle. At first I thought his water had spilled, but no. He just peed all over the floor. No "Mommy, Mommy! I need to use the potty!" No warning. He didn't even bother to stand up to try to make it to the potty. And after his accident, no "Mommy! I had an ax-tident!" Nothing. He just sat in his urine and calmly continued eating his snack until I happened upon him.
Really?
REALLY?!?!
*sigh* 
Also, hardwood floors? Not as potty-proof as you would think. If you get to the mess right away, no big deal. But if it gets a chance to soak into the wood, it bleaches it out like nobody's business. Guess we'll have to refinish these floors after all.

But hey. There's always tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment