March 15

I have been dawdling over this post for the past hour or more. Yuck. Today was fun, but it was a MOPS day, which means that the morning was full of MOPS and the afternoon full of naps. Then it was stormy. Which means I didn't take any pictures, because the light was crummy.

But. 

Caleb stayed dry at MOPS. I came up halfway through to give him a potty break, and he even used the big, unfamiliar toilets! Yay for my big boy!

In the afternoon, it was storming and both children were asleep. I grabbed the moment to curl up in my bed with a book (currently reading Bringing up Bebe - a fascinating read!). Our roof has a deep overhang that shelters our windows, so I was able to open the windows and listen to the storm and feel the great breezes. 

I was savoring my break, when I heard the tell-tale pitter patter of little feet, then Caleb's customary knock at his own door. I called him into my room, and he climbed up in bed with me. 
We lay cheek-to-cheek. 
I asked him what he dreamed of, and he said, "Muppets. And guitars."
We talked about the sounds we heard: Thunder. The tapering raindrops. Then birds chirping. Then a chainsaw.
And then he was asleep, my arm wrapped around him, my cheek pressed close to his, his hand in mine.
The rain came back and the thunder rattled, and my little boy slept on.

What a magical afternoon.

Does that make up for these crummy pictures?

Ugh. I hate the flash. It makes even my darling Daisy look terrible!

Totally into his guitar.

Later, playtime with Daddy. Daisy looked on and laughed with Chris and Caleb played "blast off".

Tickles and raspberries on the belly were had by all. 

If those pictures aren't good enough, how about some videos? I cleaned out the camera tonight.

First, one from February. It's older, but I love that Daisy is stalking the cat.

Next, one from two weeks ago. It's just short and funny.

Then, one from a few days ago. Daisy was playing catch, but she lost interest. I just like that you can see her scooting in action. Also, her outfit is hilarious:

Finally, a series of videos from tonight. First, we have Caleb singing "Mockingbird", a la James Taylor and Carly Simon. Here's a link to the video of the original song, in case you've forgotten. This one's funny because  Daisy is totally trying to steal the show by briefly bouncing as Caleb sings, but then she loses interest.

Next, Caleb slows it down a bit with his version of "You Can Close Your Eyes", as performed by James Taylor and Carly Simon. FYI, he thinks that Carly is James' mommy.

Then it's back to "Mockingbird" again, but at the end of the song he asks for a microphone. I guess he didn't think it was quite loud enough the first time. Also, please note his vocal prowess: after the line, "If that diamond ring don't shiiiine", he breaks into a little scat: "Ba-de-ba-de-ba-de". I think that jazzy touch comes from two important cultural influences: Muppets Take Manhattan (see this video of the rat scat) and Daisy's Leapfrog Learning Table.

Finally, he sings "Mockingbird" with a "microphone".

Now, if you watched all of those videos, you are either really bored, or a true Daisy and Caleb fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment