March 4

And now we're all sick. Well, all of us but Caleb. Chris, Daisy and I all have a nasty cold. I took the kiddos to church by myself today so that Chris could rest (because there is never any rest to be had when the children are home), but I did not want to be that mom who puts her sick baby in the nursery, only to infect all of the other children. Plus, Daisy was due for a nap. So she stayed with me in the Ergo during church. She didn't sleep a wink, but she charmed everyone around her, despite her snot-encrusted nose.

My parents stopped by the house in the afternoon so that I could solicit Mom's feedback about where to put our  vegetable garden. It's a big decision, you know. Who wants to do all of that digging and grass killing and whatnot, only to determine that it's a bad location!
Caleb was thrilled to see Grandma and Grandpa, and coerced Grandpa into playing the accordion and Grandma into reading to him.
Reading Guess How Much I Love You. After they finished, Caleb hopped around like Little Nutbrown Hare and insisted that Grandma swing him high in the air.

I love how Daisy's little legs are crossed as she looks out the window. She doesn't look like a ten-month-old, does she?
(Yes, I know today is Daisy's ten-month birthday, and I'm supposed to take special pictures. But because snotty, sick babies are neither attractive nor cooperative, I will postpone that photo shoot and birthday post until we're both well.)

See? Sick baby.

Sick baby trying to get into trouble by opening the doors to our entertainment center. Luckily, she was foiled by the hair tie wrapped around the knobs.

At bedtime, a dose of ibuprofren left her cheerful enough for a rousing game of peek-a-boo. 
I thought about animating these photos for you, but I couldn't figure it out.

Where's Daisy?

Peek a boo!
She actually initiated this game herself, which I still find really funny. I love that she suddenly has opinions and can express desires and can play games if she wants to!

Happy sick baby!

Also, today Daisy only wants Daddy. Fine by me, I say! Let the sickies stick together! (But then I got sick, too. Boo.)

Then Caleb took Daisy's blanket. Oh well. I guess it was really his to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment