March 8

Today:
Caleb wore big boy underwear most of the day (except for nap time) with no accidents. No accidents! It is powerful motivation to tell him that he is just like Elmo, because he's totally hooked on the Elmo potty book that Sally gave him.
We went to Goodwill. That's right; we left the house with Caleb in underwear. And it was great. I bought two pairs of pants and one pair of leggings for Daisy. $2.99. Love Goodwill.
Caleb took a good afternoon nap, and woke up after nearly three hours to snuggle with me on the couch. Daisy also took a great  afternoon nap, and slept for two and a half hours without any intervention from me. And their naps overlapped.
That's right. I had ninety full minutes to myself. I hardly knew what to do! Not true; I knew exactly what to do. I brewed some coffee, ate a cupcake, did my Bible study, and read my book. (I'm currently reading How Eskimos Keep their Babies Warm. It's a fascinating book on multicultural parenting, and well worth the fifteen minutes I normally get to devote to it each day.)

During the twenty minutes that Caleb was asleep and Daisy was awake, Daisy and I sat down to play in the front room. Only she clearly wasn't interested in playing with me, so I hopped on the computer to check my email. Thirty seconds later, Daisy was nowhere to be found. I finally found  her here:

She had scooted all the way to the back of the house and was looking longingly out the window. Poor girl. It was too cold to play outside today.

Then I turned the flash on my camera on to try to fill in the light on her face. It didn't work, but it did send her scooting in my direction in a vain attempt to capture the camera.

Nope. No camera for you, kiddo!

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness what a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Way to go Caleb! What a great accomplishment! And good for you having some special Mommy time. It's so refreshing....

    ReplyDelete