March 10

What a beautiful Saturday!

We were super productive and had lots of fun, but I didn't take any pictures. Caleb wore his big boy underwear all day, but had three accidents. Accident #1 happened when Chris took him for a run in the BOB. He fell asleep on the run, so we had to put him down for his nap in his big boy underwear. Of course he had an accident while he was asleep. He's not ready for undies during naptime. Luckily, I put a towel underneath him before I put him in bed, so it wasn't too bad. Accident #2 happened while he was playing. He was standing there, then said, "Uh-oh! I had an ax-tident!" And I thanked God for our hardwood floors. Accident #3 happened at dinner. Caleb was sitting in his plastic booster seat, not eating dinner (as usual), when he said, "Mommy, Daddy, I have to use the potty!" Chris and I looked at each other in surprise, and then Chris grabbed Caleb to take him to the potty. Only Caleb had already gone. But it's progress, right? And I'm still feeling patient, so there's that.

Chris drove off to Illinois this afternoon to pick up a desk and chair for our kitchen. It's an awesome Craigslist find - vintage, solid wood, and the simple, clean lines that we love. Of course it needs refurbishing, but still. It fits our space perfectly, and we couldn't be more pleased. 

While he was gone, the kids and I made dinner.
Caleb sat on the counter. That little bowl of Cheerios on the right is all he ate for dinner.

Daisy ate her Cheerios and her salmon and her ravioli. The girl knows good food when she sees it! It's funny that she prefers to be up at our level when we're in the kitchen. If I leave her on the floor to play, she's content for a while but then gets fussy. If I put her in her high chair, she's totally content. She really likes to watch what's going on!

And maybe she likes snacks, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment