March 2

Today was one of those days.

Is it just me, or have we been having a lot of those lately?

Anyway. It was one of those days. Grumpy, whiny kids. Short naps. I spent most of this afternoon frantically trying to devise plans to keep them entertained, because they just weren't happy. So. We played outside. We painted with paint. We colored with markers. We folded laundry. We read books. We painted with yogurt. We went outside again. Do you notice how everything is "we"? Normally, I would be able to let them do some of this on their own. Well, Caleb at least. And Daisy is usually content to play by herself to a certain extent. But not today. Today, it was all Mommy, all the time.

I am exhausted.

But yogurt painting was a big hit! It started out as a Daisy-only activity to keep her occupied while Caleb painted with the real stuff. But Caleb wanted to have some, too.

 I just used plain Greek yogurt with a few drops of food coloring, but you would have thought I had used ice cream the way Daisy gobbled it up!

Caleb was surprisingly meticulous and neat with his yogurt. He thought it was especially fun that he didn't have to use a plate; I plopped the yogurt down on some waxed paper.

Daisy, surveying her creation and licking her fingers.

Fun!
(BTW, I love this bib. I was thinking today that it was possibly one of my best online purchases ever. I highly recommend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment