May 9

Today:
Daisy's first visit to the pediatrician
"No, MA!!! Don't make me leave the house!"
All went well, though. The doctor declared her perfect in every way, and Daisy is working her way back up to her birth weight. Today she was up to 7 pounds, 4 ounces.

Grandma was nice enough to come out and stay with Caleb so that Chris and I could both go to Daisy's doctor appointment. Does that count as a date? I say yes.

Then we slept.
Well, Daisy and I slept. (You can tell I'm actually sleeping because of the double chin. I know. I'm hot.) Chris let us nap for nearly 2 hours while he and Caleb played. And played. And played. I'm not sure what I'll do when he goes back to work!

And this little guy? 
He's 22 months old today! Also, he's not so little anymore. He's put on some serious chunk in the past few weeks. I'm amazed at how solid and heavy he is all of a sudden!

"Happy Birthday Caleb!"
It's a month-birthday, but it still counts, right?

Also, I don't think I've told you about Caleb's reaction when I nurse Daisy. He's very curious, and will climb up onto the couch to inspect. After a couple of times, Caleb looked at me with a very concerned expression. He said, "No! Mommy sister bite milk! No bites!"

He was very worried that Daisy was biting me, and he knows that we don't bite, because biting hurts. After I explained to him that his sister was just drinking special milk from Mommy, he became less worried. Now when he sees Daisy nursing, he just says matter-of-factly, "Sister Mommy bite shesh-ull milk." How sweet is he?

1 comment:

  1. ahahahha! Oh thinking she's biting you?! How sweet is he!!

    ReplyDelete