May 6

I have lots of pictures to post today - will you forgive me?

First, though, today's news:
Daisy and I are working on the nursing thing. I think currently I'm losing, and she's winning; she ends up with a full belly, and I end up SORE! We'll get it figured out, though.
Daisy is an expert sleeper.
Our midwife, Jessica, came back today to check on Daisy and me. Daisy has lost 6 ounces, since birth, which is to be expected. Today she's 7 pounds, 2 ounces.
Caleb loves his new sister, but he's starting to act out a little bit. I'm glad we caught this early, because I think we're at the point where all it will take to fix things is a few extra snuggles.

Now, 8 million photos.

A friend recently informed Chris that girls are the worst, because you can never tell them "No."
I think Chris is quickly realizing how much trouble he's in - he adores this little girl!

Some of Chris' co-workers got some really sweet gifts for Daisy. Even sweeter, though?
They didn't forget Caleb.
They got him a turtle that's a sand toy/pull toy, and he thought it was the greatest thing ever!

Chris' mom says that Daisy looks just like my mom.
My sisters think Daisy looks like Chris' mom.
I just think she looks like a baby...it's too confusing!

This proud Grandad was also nervous about holding a brand-new baby, but he gave it a shot.

Yep. She's already stolen their hearts.

OK. Get ready to die from cuteness overload.

Caleb noticed I was arranging Daisy to take some photos, and came over to check things out.

"Pat Baby Sister. Soft hand."

I love how he's resting his chin on his little hand while he inspects her. Is it just me, or is Caleb looking chubbier to you?

Excuse me. I just died and melted all over the computer. He's giving her a little kiss!

Daisy's hair isn't really as blonde as it looks in this photo, but her eyebrows really are that delicate. Her eyebrows and fingernails are very feminine. And she has long monkey toes.

OK, Ma! Enough with the camera!!!
Fine, Daisy. Be a drama queen.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you said a million pictures.....I want MORE!!!!! You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I think she looks like Caleb did, only lighter-and without his long camel eyelashes. =-) Why are the boys always lucky with the eyelashes? We hope to visit after we get back from our trip to Texas next week. We'll call sometime to see how things are going.

    ReplyDelete