May 30

We had a busy, busy Memorial Day!

Thankfully, Caleb slept in this morning - a good thing, because Caleb didn't get to bed until 9:00 last night. After some blueberry oatmeal pancakes, we all got in the car and went shopping for...

a big boy bed!

I'm not sure how it's going to work out, but we got a twin-size mattress and box spring for Caleb. Right now, he's really excited about it. 

I'm not sure he fully understands that soon he'll be sleeping on the bed, instead of his crib. We're not going to rush things, though. My plan is for him to get used to it being in his room, and get comfortable playing and sitting on it, and then start using it for naptime, then bedtime. Hopefully by July, he'll be sleeping in his big boy bed full time, and we can start thinking about moving Daisy into the room with him.  I know lots of you have been there, done that, so I'd love any mom-advice about making the transition!

Meanwhile, Miss Daisy has been pooping up a storm. I think I mentioned in a post the other day that she was pooping every other day. I suppose this is a prime example of saying something out loud, only to be proven wrong. 
"Who, me?"
Poor Daisy's face is also peeling. Sweet baby!

And really, I swear the kid is intentionally smiling at me. Tonight I was taking these photos, and she followed the camera lens around with her eyes. Then when I got my face close to hers, she gave me a big smile! 
My shutter-finger was only quick enough to capture the remnants of the smile, but I swear she did it! It can't be just gas - she likes the camera, but she likes me better!

Tomorrow it's back to life as usual. At least it's only a four-day week!

No comments:

Post a Comment