May 18

OK, so today was it. My first full day all by myself with two kiddos. Overall, it went pretty well! I mean, if you don't count the fact that Daisy was weird about nursing and did nothing but sleep all day.
And the fact that Caleb woke up from his nap in a funk.
And the fact that I was distracted by Daisy a lot, which gave Caleb too many chances to get in trouble.
And the fact that Caleb ate dirt twice, in bold defiance of my directions.

But we all survived.
We're all pretty happy.
We were able to take a 30-minute walk.
All three of us napped at the same time for nearly two hours.
And Caleb and Daisy are both asleep now, and I have a margarita in my belly.

I suppose that's a recipe for a good day, isn't it?

I didn't take pictures until Chris got home this evening. Here's what it looked like:

Chris was filling up glasses of water from our refrigerator water filter, and Daisy was just staring at me. I suppose it's kind of an odd picture, but I think it captures just how content this little girl is most of the time.

Caleb says, "Daisy Kap-leen", and it's super cute. Today he wandered around the living room, saying it over and over. Too funny!

We got a package full of darling little girl clothes in the mail today from my aunt in Oregon. This bib was in there, too. Could there be anything more appropriate?
Also, I love her "hiding from the paparazzi" pose.

Bubble beard in the bathtub.

Making sure Daddy gets a bubble beard, too.
(Hey, it may be the only way Chris ever has a beard!)


Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment