May 19

Disclaimer: This post will be Caleb-heavy because he was SO stinking cute today.

We had a busy day today. Well, I guess we did two things today, but it felt busy. This morning we had our last MOPS meeting of the season, then my mom came over to supervise Caleb's  nap so that Daisy and I could go to our Breastfeeding Support Group. And it rained all day, so we couldn't play outside or go for a walk.

Caleb soaked up Grandma time, though, and was so sweet and affectionate all day. Maybe he was making up for yesterday.

First, he found my sunglasses.
He looks serious, but he was having a lot of fun.
He's just really serious about his fashion!

I couldn't decide which of the sunglasses photos I liked better, so you get both.

Then, Grandma let him play with her reading glasses. This is one of the myriad reasons why Grandma is way more fun than Mommy or Daddy - she lets him handle her glasses AND her cell phone. 
He put them on and said, "Too big!"

Later, he also put them up on his head and said, "Wear in hair!"
What a funny kid!

I'm wondering if he's giving that impish grin because:
A. he has Grandma's glasses
B. he's getting snuggles from Mommy
C. Grandma is making silly faces behind the camera
D. All of the above

(Just realized that's the first multiple-choice question I've written in nearly two years. How liberating to no longer be a teacher!)

Then there's Miss Daisy.
Tonight I realized that I could never be a newborn photographer. They're way too hard to photograph! 
Caleb has apparently been teaching her karate.
(His "karate" consists of kicking his leg out in a lovely arabesque, accompanied by a "Hi-yah!")
(The rain finally stopped as Caleb was going to bed, so Daisy and I went on our walk. Along the way, I found that perfect little daisy, and couldn't resist plucking it for photos.)
(Don't you love these parentheses? I suppose they're an indication of the million different directions my mind is going in right now.)

Ugh. I couldn't get the coloring right on this one, but I love that she's "smiling". I know it's way too early for real smiles, but she was totally smiling at Grandma today.

Also, today she weighed in at 7 pounds, 11 ounces before nursing and 7 pounds, 12.6 ounces after a lazy nursing session. That means she's gained at least 5 ounces (on the same scale) in the past week. That means I don't need to be crazy-worried-mom about her weight gain. She's fine. Now I just need to convince the pediatrician of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment