May 16

Chris went back to work today.

And you know what? It actually went really well.

You know why? Because newborns sleep all. The. Time.

This was yesterday evening. Chris enjoyed Daisy's sleeping posture enough to take this photo.

(Yes, we are violating a cardinal parenting rule, as well as the bold print on the Boppy tag, by allowing Daisy to sleep in the Boppy. Do I realize it's a saftey hazard? Yes. But she sleeps much more soundly in this than flat on her back. And I only do it for her daytime naps. So it's ok, right? Don't judge.)

Caleb has figured out that if he stands on his tippy-tippy-toes, he can reach into Daisy's bassinet. He really enjoys reaching in and holding her hand. (Look! I even put her in the Boppy in the bassinet! I am recklessly risking my baby's safety!)

Yep. Still sleeping (and breathing, in spite of the Boppy hazard).

Mmm-hmm. Sleeping some more. In the Boppy.

She's cute and all, but Caleb is way more fun to photograph right now. He does crazy and silly things every moment, but Daisy just sleeps. You can only take so many photos of a sleeping baby before... What am I talking about? I'll never tire of photos of this sweet sleeping baby. And I'm glad she made my first half-day on my own so easy! Let's hope tomorrow goes just as well.

2 comments:

  1. She is SO beautiful! Caleb probably needed the "Mommy Time" while she slept. I'm off tomorrow if you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet, sweet face. Just precious.

    ReplyDelete