May 28

Sorry these posts are late - now that I'm the momma of two little ones, I realize that there are some things I just can't do. One of those things? Uploading, editing, and posting photos while on a roadtrip with a toddler and a newborn. Call me lazy, but I just wasn't willing to attempt it. :)

But we had a great time in Iowa. Caleb and Daisy were champion travellers, thanks mostly to the fact that Daisy is a newborn, and the fact that my sister Jenny came along and served as backseat entertainment for Caleb. What a blessing!

We got to see all kinds of aunts and uncles and cousins and people who are probably related to us in some way that's really complicated. Most importantly, though, we got to celebrate my Grandma's 90th birthday and spend some quality time with her. Here are just a few of the gajillion photos I took.

Grandma Euny with her 12th (!) great-grandchild.
As soon as we walked in the door of the party, Euny gave me a brief hug, then took Daisy out of my arms and immediately began making the rounds, introducing all of her friends to Daisy. It was so funny and sweet - Daisy was pretty popular, and I was tickled by how excited Euny was to show her off.

While neither of my children look spectacular in this photo, I love it all the same. Can you tell that there's a balloon attached to that string? And that Caleb was terrified someone would take it away from him?

1. My husband is hot.
2. He is the best Daddy ever. He drove us to Iowa and back. He chased our toddler all afternoon. And then, at midnight, when Caleb wouldn't sleep for two hours, he snuggled and rocked and cajoled and soothed him so that I could focus on sleeping and Daisy. What a good man. Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I chose well. :)

My cousin (I think?) Linda, who planned the whole party, even thought to have crayons and coloring sheets so Caleb would be entertained. Even better, the coloring sheets were of hummingbirds, Grandma's favorite. How thoughtful!

 
Caleb invented a game to entertain himself, featuring the water fountain and a dandelion. He would reach up on his tippy-toes, press the button, and dip the dandelion into the water.

Then he sniffed the wet dandelion and giggled.

Over. And over. And over.

Any person who came near to investigate his game would get roped into it - he would hand them the dandelion, then guesture for them to press the fountain button. I'm pretty sure half the people left at the party ended up playing the game at some point.

 
Our little family with Grandma Euny.
Happy 90th, Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment