May 20

Today started out well, but deteriorated pretty quickly.

It started with blue skies, 70 degrees, sunshine, and a lovely walk. Afterwards, we played outside: Caleb played basketball and "helped" me while I dug in my garden, while Daisy napped under the umbrella.

Then came Poopygate 2.0. Did I ever tell you about the first Poopygate? Let's just say it involved poop with no diaper present, carpeting, and someone's bare foot. And my friends, apparently it takes more than that to teach me my lesson, because it happened again. Thankfully Daisy was sleeping, but still...

It was supposed to be a quick diaper change, because I was starving and I wanted to get lunch ready before Daisy woke up. But Poopygate meant that I had to stop to clean everything up, and by the time I was ready to make lunch, Daisy was awake. She was hungry, I was hungry, Caleb was hungry and tired. Picture me running from the kitchen to the baby to the kitchen to the baby, trying to get Caleb in his high chair with a baby at my breast, trying to get her to latch and stay latched (a difficult feat!) while I fed myself... it was not good. In the end, we had a fun day, but I am one exhausted mama.

On the plus side, Daisy's incessant eating seems to finally be doing the trick.
Do you see the pudge wrinkles on her forearms? And the beginnings of a double chin? And those chubby cheeks?
She still has scrawny bird-legs, but she is her father's daughter.
Also, can you tell what a deep thinker she is? I promise I didn't pose her little hand - she did that on her own.

And Caleb? Well, he just wants to ride his tricycle. In the grass. Without pedaling.

I'm so thankful tomorrow is Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment