May 21

Can we just talk for a moment about how much I love being a mommy?

I think I've probably been complaining a lot lately. And, don't get me wrong, things are rarely roses and sunshine and unicorns, especially when there's poop involved, or a baby who wants to nurse for 7 HOURS STRAIGHT. But I love being a mommy. God has blessed me with the sweetest, funniest, smartest little boy, and though Daisy is only two and a half weeks old, she's turning out to be exceptionally calm and laid-back baby.

Tonight, we finished eating dinner and Chris started to take Caleb up for bathtime and bedtime. Before they could escape, though, I got down on the floor and asked Caleb for a "last-chance kiss". He giggled, ran toward me, and smothered me with kisses. I'm pretty sure there's nothing better in the world.


What a sweet boy I have!

This was pre-lunch, when he asked for (and received) a V-8 popsicle. Poor kid doesn't know it's good for him! 

And then there's sweet little Daisy, who still loves to sleep. I can't complain - she seems to have settled into a routine of nursing at 10 pm, sleeping, waking up at 2 am to nurse, and then going back to sleep until 6:30 am. It may not be sleeping through the night, but I'd say that's pretty good for a newborn!

2 comments:

  1. caleb just looks so OLD! now that daisey is here:) and, WOW, you look YOUNGER! how does that work??? i remember my dad saying that about me after bridget and molly and just laughing---but, gosh, now i see it in YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can see those ounces adding up on Daisy! She is starting to look chubby! Good job, Mommy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete