May 2

OK. 41 weeks pregnant today. Still no baby.

But.

Our midwife visited tonight, and we're making definite progress. In fact, I'm further along now than I was when we arrived at the hospital to deliver Caleb. (Except for the fact that I'm not having contractions, but whatev.) So there's that.

We're hopeful that we'll have this baby in the next few days. Maybe tonight. But not between 6 am and noon tomorrow, when my support staff is unavailable.

Also, our son is hilarious. Look at how cute he is:
We were playing and listening to music, when a song with a jazzy beat came on. I started snapping my fingers...

which was apparently the funniest thing ever.
(and he put that Santa hat on all by himself.)
He thought he was pretty funny!

Later, Grandma came over to entertain us.
(She knows these waiting days can be rough on me. I'm lucky to have her.)

This is the trick she taught Caleb; he only does it when she's around. 

Yep. My little guy is all ready for Mardi Gras. 
I think he says, "Grama. Open shirt. Open belly button." when he does this. He also asks for "vimeo", because she has a video on her phone of him lifting his shirt. What a silly little boy!

1 comment:

  1. That's great news! What's so bad about getting some of "labor" out of the way while you're planting a garden and munching on peep stuffed brownies? (yes, I'm stalking you.) Any time now!

    ReplyDelete