May 22

Chris forced me to take a nap this afternoon.

Not that I was grouchy or anything; he just knew that it would do my heart good to get a few hours of sleep, and boy was he right. So Daisy and I snuggled up in bed (we're starting to figure out the side-lying nursing thing, which is GLORIOUS!) and fell asleep for an hour or two while Chris swept and mopped. (I know - do I have a good man, or what?) I awoke to the sound of Caleb's bare feet thumping on the floor outside our bedroom as he ran in to find Daisy and me.

Chris helped him climb into bed with us, and a moment began to unfold that was so sweet, so precious that I thought I might melt. Caleb looked at me snuggled up with Daisy, and said, "Sungle Sisser!" We scooted so he could snuggle, but then he said, "Holdu, Baby Sisser!" So Chris carefully arranged Caleb and lifted Daisy into his arms.

For a not-quite-two-year-old, Caleb is so cautious, so gentle, and so careful. He is so curious about Daisy, and fascinated by her. It's the sweetest thing I've ever witnessed. Chris and I just sat, watching Caleb love on his little sister for several minutes, until my camera-craziness kicked in and I had to go get the camera. Luckily, they were still snuggling when I got back!

Caleb's little bare feet get me every time! Only now that Daisy is here, his feet don't look quite so little!


I'm pretty sure he gave her this kiss all by himself, without any prompting from us.

"Meep!"
Yep. Again. He loves to beep her nose!

He's giving her a gentle pat, but giving Daddy a worried look. He must have been afraid that Daddy would think he wasn't being gentle.

He's touching her hand, and saying, "High five! High five!"

Another good day to be a mommy.

2 comments:

  1. wow. again, I am sooo glad you share this stuff! How fun and rewarding as parents to watch this.

    ReplyDelete