May 12


Daisy and I had our first outing yesterday - we went to Babymoon Boutique to attend their breastfeeding support group. Caleb and I attended nearly every week for his first year, and I was excited to be able to go again with Daisy. Really, we should be old pros at the whole nursing thing, considering I just stopped nursing Caleb seven months ago. But I am quickly discovering how different it is to nurse a newborn than it is to nurse a toddler. I've forgotten all of the newborn nursing rules, so it was really good to go talk with other moms who are going through the same thing.

While I was gone, Caleb and Chris went for a run in the stroller. I returned to find my boys sweaty, pink, and happy.

There might be a smudge of chocolate on Caleb's face. It could possibly be from a chocolate milkshake that I theoretically could have gotten from Steak n Shake, and hypothetically shared with him. If I were that kind of mom, I mean. And it would have been really easy for me to retouch the photo to eliminate the tell-tale hypthetical chocolate, but I would never do that.

And then there's the plastic spoon, which eliminates all doubt that I did, in fact, share a chocolate milkshake with a toddler. Hey - at least I shared, right?

This is Daisy after her very first grocery shopping endeavor. The whole family went, but I insisted that Chris follow behind me and not help at all so that I could practice shopping with two children. It went remarkably well!

"Yo, Mom. I'm a shopping pro."

"If only I could eat all of those yummy groceries!"

No comments:

Post a Comment