May 26

Oh, me? I'm exhausted. Thanks for asking.

I should probably focus on going to bed earlier, since it's become apparent that Caleb thinks 6 am is a great time to wake up. Sleeping in is for sissies. (I'll admit it; I'm a big sissy.)

Today, luckily, Chris was still home when Caleb woke up. And then our friend Emily came over and entertained Caleb and snuggled Daisy for most of the morning. And then Daisy and I were able to sneak in an hour and a half nap while Caleb napped. But all of those great things did little to ease the exhaustion that's swiftly becoming my new normal.

All of that was to prepare you for some half-hearted photos. Sorry.

Caleb won't let me wear Daisy in the sling - he's surprisingly possessive of it, and starts clamoring to ride in "his" sling whenever I get it out. So until I have time to make a new one for Daisy, I've been wearing her in the water wrap. (That's right: it's made of swimsuit fabric, with built-in SPF, to be worn in water. We'll be rocking the pool this summer!) Daisy loves the wrap, but maybe a little too much - she always falls asleep as soon as I put her in it! 

Caleb, meanwhile, was in a bit of a funk today. I'm pretty sure the kid's not getting enough sleep, but he's decided, despite our best efforts to convince him otherwise, that 8:00 is bedtime and 6:00 is wake-up time. Thank goodness Emily came over today to distract him from the funk!

Other things that distracted him today? That American flag tucked behind his ear, and his new-to-him basketball shirt, courtesy of our friend Kris and her growing son Max.

No rest for the weary; tomorrow we shop and pack in preparation for Daisy's first roadtrip. Saturday morning we're headed to Iowa to celebrate my Grandma's 90th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment