May 1

That's right: it's May, and I am still pregnant. Totally not how I saw this thing going down, but whatever. My one big concern? Baby's birthstone will now be emerald, instead of diamond. Not that I have anything against emeralds, but Caleb's birthstone is ruby. Flash forward to any visions I might have had about cute stackable mommy-rings featuring my children's birthstones, and we have.... Christmas. Sigh.

But really, if that's my only problem at week 40, day 6 of this pregnancy, then I think I have a lot to be thankful for.

Since this child is obviously taking its time, I figure there's no sense in sitting around waiting. So we had a fun and productive day today! Caleb helped me plant all of my warm-weather veggies in the garden, as well as a few flowers in pots. We cleaned out the garage, and Chris put up 2 new shelves to keep hazardous stuff out of Caleb's reach. I took a 2-hour nap, and the boys went to the gym and played basketball. (Chris said Caleb was so nervous because of the noise and chaos there that they had to sit down in the middle of the floor and snuggle until Caleb got his bearings. They also had a conversation about nervousness, and how it's ok to feel nervous sometimes. How funny! And I'm so thankful to have a husband who's so sensitive to his little boy's needs!)

Then, Caleb and I played in the rain. GREAT Aunt Maggie gave Caleb an adorable raincoat a few months ago, but it hasn't been warm enough for rain-play until now. Plus, Caleb just got his first pair of rainboots, so now we're all set!

At first, Caleb was unsure about the whole thing. (Are you surprised?)
After all, his boots are still pretty big on him, and the rain was a new experience. 

But pretty soon, he was loving it! We walked up to the stop sign and back, and only lost a boot once. Unfortunately (or thankfully, considering the loose fit of the boots), there were no puddles to splash in. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. look at his little face! AWWW!!! I love that raincoat! How cool of Maggie :)

    ReplyDelete