December 9

Progress continues on the house.
I spent the morning out there with Chris and the kids, then took Caleb and Daisy home for naps. While I was home with the kids, Chris, my mom, and Jenny spent all day (literally - they're still working as I type this!) painting and cleaning. I feel terrible that they're doing all of the work while I'm home with the kids, but I also feel so thankful that my family is willing to help in such a big way. We're blessed with lots of people who love us!

Before we left, Chris took a well-earned break to snuggle with Daisy. I'm pretty sure it was the highlight of her day.

Meanwhile... Caleb used the Swiffer WetJet (compliments of our realtor). This photo is proof that our parenting skills are above-average: Chris is relaxing, while the toddler does all of the work. We have this parenting thing DOWN!

Our cheerful little helper.

But even the best helper can't resist snuggling and rolling with his Daddy.

Later, at the other home... 
1. Where is her other sock? Who knows. She pulled it off, chewed on it until it was soggy and wet, then threw it somewhere.
2. That expression on her face? It's her "You know that box you gave me to play with? I gnawed on it until I was able to bite off a chunk of cardboard and now I'm trying to chew it up and swallow it." face.  As usual, I followed my typical parenting priorities: Photograph first, then stop the nonsense.

And my little reindeer. I told him to stand with his back touching the tree. He complied, but also carried on a lengthy conversation with the tree:
"Oh! You're tickling me! Stop tickling my back, tree! Ohhhh, that's silly!"

No comments:

Post a Comment