December 29

What a long day!

Caleb and Daisy have finally gotten the Daylight Savings Time memo, and are now sleeping until around 7:30 each morning. When they woke up today, I popped them into clothes and threw them into the car. We hit the McDonald's drive-thru and then headed to the new house. My mom and Ryan met us there to do some last-minute things before we move...tomorrow.

What?!?! Tomorrow? We're not even packed!

We have a frantic evening/morning of packing ahead of us; we're picking up a big truck at 3 tomorrow to begin loading. It's been a long road to get to this point, but somehow I'm surprised that this day is already here. It's terrifying to think about leaving our home of six and a half years. It's the only home Caleb has ever known, it's where Daisy was born. Starting all over is scary, and it's even weirder because we're not fully leaving the old house. The fact that we still own it and are renting it out makes hard to make a clean break. I'm sure it will be fine, and I'm worrying about nothing. Right?

Caleb eating his pancakes and sausage. Nothing but the highest quality nutrition for my boy!

Daisy, checking out the new dining room.

Those window sills are perfect for pulling up! Go for it, Daisy!

Also, a few of you asked for info about Daisy's board book.

At the recommendation of my friend Amber, I used Pint Size Productions.


I think Amber and I both did the Simple Board Book I. She was happy with a book she made for her nephew, and I've been happy with Daisy's book - with a few disclaimers:
1. It's not cheap. If you find a coupon, you can make a book for $25, including shipping.
2. Their software is not user-friendly. It's kind of slow, doesn't make it easy to save your work and come back to it later, and it doesn't allow for any kind of customization. You are limited to a certain format, font, and number of pages.
3. My pictures came out looking a little bit faded, and the print was textured. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of.
4. You need high-resolution photos to get best results.
(Amber, feel free to comment with your feedback, too!)

But, it's the only company I've found that allows you to create high-quality board books, instead of hard-cover books with paper pages. Daisy has definitely chewed on and slobbered upon her book, and it's still in great shape. In fact, her book is the only book that keeps her interest for longer than thirty seconds! If you're in the market for a custom board book, I'd give Pint Size Productions a shot!

Now, off to pack some more boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment