December 18

Today's post is all about food.

After lunch today, I taught Caleb how to dunk Oreos in milk.

We don't normally keep Oreos in the house unless I'm pregnant, in which case there are always Oreos in the house. But I'm not pregnant. These Oreos were a gift from Caleb's teacher at MOPS.

Caleb took his Oreo-dunking very seriously.

Also, he had very crumbly cheese for lunch, hence the mess all over the table. Sometimes having such a fancy camera is a curse, because it shows all of the mess in such high resolution. (Any of you photographers out there hear me on that one??)

Dinner was a delicious Chicken Pot Pie. 
Daisy loved it!

Caleb pretended to love it.

And Daisy kept right on eating. Can't you hear her saying, "Don't you touch my food, woman!"

Caleb, meanwhile, had for dinner:
two peas
one lima bean
one bite of crust
two bites of chicken

At least he had Oreos at lunch, so I don't have to be concerned about his nutrition for the day.

I had really hoped to take the kids to see Santa Claus today, but Caleb ended up napping until 4:40, and Santa left at 5. So we didn't go. Instead, we ate dinner early, then bundled up, put the kids in the BOB and some hot cocoa in our mugs, and took a walk around the neighborhood to look at the lights.

Can you say "New Christmas tradition"?
It was SO MUCH FUN!
I may have enjoyed it more than Caleb and Daisy did, but that's ok. If mama's happy, then everyone is happy!

1 comment: