December 15

What a busy day!

Well, really we only did two things, but they somehow took all day. This morning was our MOPS Christmas party. Apparently Caleb's class celebrated Jesus' birthday in style, because when I picked him up he was wearing a paper birthday crown, blowing a party horn, and grinning from ear to ear. Then he ate Christmas cookies - and nothing else - for lunch. 'Tis the season, right?

After long naps, we readied ourselves for yet another Christmas party, this time at the home of our friends Chris and Amber. While I was running around getting diaper bags and whatnot prepared, I left the kids to play by the Christmas tree.

Daisy is officially a scooter. I haven't actually seen her scoot, but I have noticed that she no longer remains right where I place her. Now she generally migrates to whatever object of interest is within a foot or two of her. Here, it was a snowflake ornament.

She looked really cute all dressed up for the Christmas party, but she wouldn't let me take any pictures of her. She just kept staring at the tree!

(Also, Daisy claps! No photos of it, but she definitely does it. What fun!)

While I photographed Daisy, Caleb placed the reindeer antlers on his head and quietly played with ornaments. What a good boy.

There! A smile! Not directed at me, but a smile nonetheless. Or is it a grimace? Doesn't matter.

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

(Oh. By the way. Kids went to bed at 10 pm tonight, a full two hours later than normal. They have a doctor appointment early tomorrow morning. I'm wondering how that will work out...)


No comments:

Post a Comment