December 6

Busy morning + long, late naps (both kids slept three straight hours!) = nighttime pictures. Sorry.

This is how Caleb and Daisy entertain themselves while I make dinner. It's fun that they can play together now without my intervention! Caleb zoomed that little yellow car over and over again because it made Daisy happy.

Then Daddy came home. While Chris and I chatted about his day and the drive home, Caleb pulled at Chris' thigh, saying, "Daddy can run!" until Chris stopped talking to me and agreed to run with him.

They ran back...

and forth...
again and again.

It was almost more fun than Daisy could bear!

Then Caleb demonstrated how he could make all of his toy cars "tip".
You know, like his favorite tractor-tipping scene in Cars?

Caleb also showed off his nativity advent calendar. I've been working on it for a month, and it's still not quite finished. We started the month with just the frame, the blue sky, the green grass, and the shape of a stable. Each day he gets to pull a new piece out of the calendar-pockets. So far we have four stars and two palm trees. Tomorrow he starts getting animals - I think maybe some fluffy white sheep? I'm still working to finish the calendar pockets and the pieces for the shepherds, wise men, and holy family, but he doesn't know that! So far, he seems to really like it, so it's worth all the effort. I hate that it's not finished yet, though. This whole buying-a-house thing has really put a cramp in my crafting style!

No comments:

Post a Comment