December 25

Merry Christmas!

Because this was Daisy's first Christmas, and because we celebrated two Christmases today (one by ourselves in the morning, and one with Chris' parents in the evening), I have tons of pictures.

Caleb and Daisy in their Christmas jammies in front of the tree. I made a concerted effort to keep things low-key and simple this year, and didn't spend much money on them at all. But somehow, we still ended up with tons of presents under the tree!

They didn't even want to tear into the presents. They were content just to look at the tree and the ornaments and the shiny paper and ribbons.

Love, love, love.
We are blessed beyond measure:
healthy babies
happy family
Christ's redemption

With all those, who needs gifts?

But gifts we had.

(Next Christmas we'll have a mantel to hang these stockings upon! And how come Daisy's stocking is the biggest?)

When I spotted this guitar for $16 at Aldi, I knew Caleb had to have it.
I was right.

We also got him this balance bike - a great find from Costco. We later adjusted it so that his feet could touch the ground. He's so excited to try it out!
(Oh, and I couldn't resist the Lightning McQueen slippers for him. I'm pretty sure I got Caleb the best gifts ever this Christmas!)

I'm pretty sure Caleb opened/used/played with every gift he got today, including these paints. This is his first painting ever. He informed me that he was painting two angels. At first he said they were sad, but I asked him to use his paint to make them look happy. Then he said they were happy. When I asked him why, he explained, "The angels are in the sky. They are happy because they are flying!"

Everything's cleaned up.
Daisy's asleep.
Back to the guitar.

Singing and playing - can you guess? - "You Can Close Your Eyes".
Several times he looked up at me and said, "I am James Taylor! I bein' James Taylor!"

After naps, Christmas #3! 
Knowing our affinity for festive headgear, Chris' mom found this funny little angel halo.

Two silly little angels!

Love her!
Happy first Christmas, Daisy!

And happy birthday, Jesus!
(Yep. We baked Jesus some birthday cupcakes, lit a candle, and sang. Caleb LOVED it.)

Caleb sang his favorite Christmas song, "The Little Drummer Boy", and beat the box like a drum.

Merry Christmas! Happy Birthday, Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. carrie, you look absolutely beautiful, makeup free, in that pic!! i just love that you took the time to put the most important things first---THEN the presents. you are amazing. again, my favorite blog.

    ReplyDelete